Mar 30, 2021
In this episode of The Stella Culinary School Podcast, picking
out knives, and what to consider when purchasing a smoker, BBQ, or
grill this summer. And YES, by popular demand, this episode now has
- 00:00:00 - My Standard Charming Introduction. A Must
SEGMENT ONE - WHAT KNIVES DO YOU NEED?
- 00:02:07 - What knives should you buy?
- 00:04:10 - Carbon Steel vs. Stainless Steel Knives
- 00:07:00 - Knives Chef Jacob uses on the daily.
- 00:09:00 - Cutting tomatoes with a bread knife (shame, shame,
- 00:09:30 - What bread knives you actually need.
- 00:11:35 - How to pick out a bread knife
- 00:12:30 - The Importance of a knife sharpener.
- 00:19:34 - Double Bevel Knives
- 00:23:37 - Best Chef Knives for Small & Large Hands 00:25:41 -
What size knife is recommended
- 00:27:52 - Why knife companies offer free sharpening.
- 00:29:53 - End Segment
SEGMENT TWO - PICKING OUR BBQS, GRILLS & SMOKERS
- 00:30:00 - What grills / smokers do you really need?
- Smoking vs Grilling. Tough vs Tender
- 00:34:35 - Chefs Recommended First Grill / BBQ
- Why Weber Kettles are Awesome!
- 00:36:15 - Issues with Weber Kettles & Komodo Cookers 00:39:45
- Off set smokers / Stick burners
- 00:42:26 - Pellet Poopers
- 00:44:00 - The Case for Pellet Smokers
- 00:45:54 - Gas Grills
- 00:50:39 - The Best Way to Cook a Ribeye Steak!
- Demoralize your culinary nemesis!
- 00:54:21 - More charming rambling and stuff.
Video Replay Available on YouTube Here:
If you want to learn how to stop following recipes and
start creating, then check out my Culinary Boot Camp & F-STEP
Curriculum which can be found here: https://stellaculinary.com/bootcamp.
Get notified when new content is released, by
signing up for my free e-mail newsletter: https://stellaculinary.com/content/e-mail-sign
Join our Friendly Facebook Group at https://Facebook.com/groups/StellaCulinary
Check out our podcast archive here: https://stellaculinary.com/audio-podcasts/stella-culinary-school
#SCS075 #BBQGrills #ChefKnives